Self Saucing Chocolate Mud Cake
Escape from boring food! This is absolutely amazingly chocolatey and guaranteed to immobilise anyone. Great as a desert, this recipe will comfortably feed 4 (more if you donâ€™t have teenagers in your family).
- Flour (1 cup)
- Baking powder (2 tsp)
- Salt (1 tsp - optional)
- Sugar (2/3 cups)
- Cocoa powder (6 tablespoons)
- Milk (Â½ cup)
- Melted butter (2 tbsp)
- Vanilla (1 tsp - optional)
- Chopped nuts (Â½ cup - optional)
- Brown sugar (1 cup)
- Boiling water (1 Â½ cups)
Mix flour, baking powder, salt, (white) sugar & 2 tablespoons of cocoa. Add milk, melted butter & vanilla & mix till smooth and yummy looking. Stir in nuts (if wanted). Put into a largish dish, leaving a bit of extra space.
Then mix rest of cocoa, (brown) sugar & boiling water. Pour over the top of the pudding and bake for 40 mins at 350Â°F (~150Â°C). Leave to stand for 10 mins before serving with lots of ice cream!
Stolen from Mum's cook book.
- Use white sugar instead of the brown.
- Skip the vanilla, chopped nuts and salt â€” cheaper!
- Serve with even more icecream